New functionality in this release:
- Fixed a major bug which the integration tests did not cover :-(
- Full support for creating partitions in Tabular models
- Ability to deploy an OLAP cube or Tabular model from the command line
- Process the newly deployed database using ProcessFull
- SQL strings are now held in the config file rather than hard coded in C#
This download includes
- Compiled SSAS Partition Manager application
- SQL script called SsasPartitionDefinitionFullDeploy.publish.sql to deploy and populate the database objects required to support the SSAS Partition Manager
- A DACPAC for deployment of the database objects if you do not wish to use the SQL script
- The AdventureWorks multidimensional database sample with template partitions as an example
- The AdventureWorks tabular database sample with template partitions as an example
To test the code, deploy the AdventureWorks multidimensional or tabular sample provided, run the deployment script SsasPartitionDefinitionFullDeploy.publish.sql against your SQL Server database and then change the SsasPartitonManager.exe.Config file to point at your SQL database.
See Configuring the SSAS Partition Manager
for full details.
This release includes an entire unit testing and integration testing framework to ensure the quality of the C# code. You can find the testing frameworks in the source code of the project.